Saturday, May 4, 2013

Honolulu Headcold

Felt a little under the weather most of yesterday at work. I left around 2:30 and started walking home. The closer I got to home, the worse I felt.

By the time I got home I had a full-blown head cold. Ugh.

Stayed in; no surf and rested. I still ate fine, but my head felt like it might explode.

I slept poorly and around 2:30 the pain in my face from overpacked sinuses was so bad I had to go get something to help.

So, had to navigate 2:30a Kuhio St, which is loaded with hookers and drunks at that point of the night.

I managed to survive the gauntlet; got a box of sudafed; and by 3:30 was back in bed and starting to feel some relief.

Took dose 2 this morning. My nose is running like derby-day.

I surfed the wall for about a half-hour. Very low tide and pretty small kine waves. The last one I caught, I was able to connect all the way to the inside and stand up at the beach. Always a good day when you finish without having to paddle back in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, unless you're a 'bot, then I hope you rust, or whatever the digital equivalent of oxidation of metal may happen to be.

If you're a hacker, could you work on taking down a bank that I have loans at? That would really help.