Monday, April 29, 2013

Sandys, Kailua

Hey bloggy blog thing. Went to Sandy Beach Park yesterday and surfed for 1 1/2 hrs. Fun!

Big, pitchy waves with fast drops and faster walls. This place has a reputation for injurying people and it's pretty easy to see why. The inside stuff comes at you like anywhere else and as you paddle to catch it the wave pitches itself up very high, very fast. I had to keep making decisions right up until the last second. I pulled out of a few when I was looking down 6+ feet at a shallow bottom and no place way to get there except through the air.

I caught a few, however, and they were the most thrilling waves I've been on since I got back here.

Afterward I drove over to Kailua, stopping at Makapu'u to take this shot.


I stopped at the Kailua Farmer's Market to see this guy's sunrise seashells after eating a killer breakfast burrito with carnitas.


Then I checked out this party


Where I really loved this guy's art.




And I like this flower.


Great weekend! Can't wait to see my wife in nine days.

Aloha!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, unless you're a 'bot, then I hope you rust, or whatever the digital equivalent of oxidation of metal may happen to be.

If you're a hacker, could you work on taking down a bank that I have loans at? That would really help.