Thursday, April 25, 2013

Surfing Fitness, Ki Ho'alu, and Manoa Mist

The fading South swell still offered a couple of nice walls to surf last night. I was in the water for only about a half-hour, but worked hard the whole time, paddling for waves, surfing into the pier and paddling-kicking out for another. I can feel myself getting more fit. It's easier to get back out to the spot I want to be in for the next set of waves and I recover much more quickly once I'm out there.

Last night I actually caught waves right as I paddled out, rather than letting them go and catching my breath instead. :)

I hurried home, cleaned up and headed to the Outrigger Reef to catch the Cyril Pahinui set at 6p.


That's Jeff Ahoy on the steel guitar and Peter Moon Jr. backing up Cyril.

It was a beautiful night. Even a little Manoa Mist that got lost in Waikiki couldn't dampen the fun. You can see the menu I held over my head in one of these vids.

Manoa mist is what they call the little foggy spray of rain that drifts around every evening on the UH campus, just up the hill from my end of Waikiki. It's not even enough to make the baseball players give up.

Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. pineapple juice, my great-aunt-and-uncle who used to live in Manoa called it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, unless you're a 'bot, then I hope you rust, or whatever the digital equivalent of oxidation of metal may happen to be.

If you're a hacker, could you work on taking down a bank that I have loans at? That would really help.